12. Write a paragraph about Barış Manço.
Barış Manço was an extraordinary public figure. He was a musician and a programme producer. He was born on January 2,1943 in Istanbul.He graduated from Şişli Terakki High School.Then, he moved to Belgium to study at Royal Academy of Arts. He came back to Turkey in 1970. He got married to Lale Manço in 1978. They raised two children. He produced a programme called ‘From 7 to 77 with Barış Manço’. It was a family and children oriented programme. He founded a group called ‘Kurtalan Ekspres’. He took some awards such as’International Culture and Peace Award’from Japan in 1991 and’Highest Honour of Art’from Japan again in 1995. He died on January 31,1999
13. Do you know any of these characters in the picture? Which one is your favourite?
Did you watch any films of these characters?
14. Listen and find who is talking.
a. Mickey Mouse b. Walt Disney
15. Listen again and circle the correct option.
a. Mickey Mouse / Walt Disney was born on November 18, 1928.
b. Walt Disney was a great filmmaker / the world’s first animated character.
c. Until 1935 / 1955, Mickey Mouse appeared black and white on the screen.
d. Walt Disney opened an amusement park in New York / Los Angeles.
16. Listen to the dialogue between the reporter and Mickey Mouse. They are on a radio programme. Who are they talking about?
17. Listen again and put the pictures in order
18. Listen again and fill in the blanks with the words in bubbles.
was born in 1922 in 1955 won an extraordinary fantastic pictures
Walt Disney 1. was born in 1901. He had 2 . an extraordinary ability. He could draw
3. fantastic pictures . He started his first film company 4. in 1922 . Then, he opened his own
amusement park 5. in 1955 . He 6. won 32 Academy Awards during his lifetime.
19. Look at the pictures and tell the story of the Brown family. What happened yesterday?
1. The Browns were ready to leave the house.
2. They left the house.
3. Mr. Brown forgot the plane tickets on the table at home.
4. They took a taxi to the airport.
5. They arrived at the airport but Mr. Brown couldn’t find the tickets in his pocket.
6. They couldn’t get on the plane.
20. Match the sentences with the pictures in exercise.
a. They took a taxi to the airport. (4)
b. The Browns were ready to leave the house. (1)
c. They arrived at the airport but Mr. Brown couldn’t find the tickets in his pocket. (5)
d. They couldn’t get on the plane. (6)
e. They left the house. (2)
f. Mr. Brown forgot the plane tickets on the table at home. (3)
21. Look at the pictures and make a different ending for the story.
1- Mr. Brown took the plane tickets.
2- Brown family took a taxi.
3- They arrived at the airport.
4- They got on a plane.