1. Read the text and choose a subject for Mandy’s e-mail.
a. The best day of my life in Disneyland
b. A boring day in Disneyland
2. Guess the meaning of souvenirs, costume, roller coaster. Match them with the pictures.
3. Read the text in exercise 1 again. Write true (T) or false (F).
a. Sally is in Paris. (T)
b. Mandy was in Disneyland Park yesterday. (T)
c. Mandy was with Kevin and Flora. (T)
d. Mandy could see Haunted House. (F)
e. There was a big parade of Disney characters at 7 pm. (F)
4. Read the text in exercise 1 again. Match the questions with their answers.
1. Where is Mandy now? c. She is in Paris.
2. Where was she yesterday? d. She was in Disneyland.
3. Who was she with? a. She was with her friends.
4. What time was the parade? b. It was at 5 pm.
I was in Disneyland Park with my friends.
We were really excited.
It was a great show.
5. Work in pairs. Ask and answer questions about Mandy’s day in Disneyland.
6. Talk about the best day of your life.
a. Where were you?
b. When were you there?
c. Who were you with?
d. Why was it the best day of your life? Give some reasons.
7. Do you know the man in the picture? Where is he?
He is Aziz Sancar. There are Stockholm.
8.Read the paragraphs about Aziz Sancar. Put them into the correct order.
Make a meaningful text.
9. Read the text and fill in the blanks.
a. Aziz Sancar was born on September 8, 1946.
b. He grew up in Savur and stayed there until 1963.
c. He graduated from Mardin High School in 1963 .
d. He got married to Gwen Boles .
e. Aziz Sancar took the Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with his two colleagues,
Tomas Lindahl and Paul L. Modrich .
10. Read the text again. Answer the questions.
a. Was Aziz Sancar brilliant at school?
Yes, he was.
b. Where did he start his educational life?
Aziz Sancar started his educational life in a school in his hometown.
c. Why did he move to İstanbul?
He moved to İstanbul alone to make a university degree at the area of medicine.
d. Why was the year 2015 unforgettable for him?
Because, he took the Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with his two colleagues .
11. Skim the text and complete the blanks using the information below.
1/3 Chemistry 2015 DNA repair
1. 2015 NOBEL PRIZE IN 2. Chemistry “for mechanistic studies of 3.DNA repair“
“For the greatest benefit to mankind” Aziz Sancar Prize share 4. 1/3 Born: 1946 in Savur, Turkey